GDPR compliance - May, 2018
The following is a broad description of how Alex Rumford Photography processes information.
Why I store information
I process personal information to enable me to maintain my accounts and records, as well as to promote and to improve my services.
My responsibility as data processor
I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of website visitors and clients. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to protect this information.
Types of information processed
- Name, job title and organisation
- Contact information
- Transaction history
- Correspondence data
- Other information relevant to photographic commissions
Whose data is processed
- Customers and clients
- Suppliers and service providers
- Consultants and other professional experts
- Enquirers / potential clients regarding my services
Whom I share data with
All information is stored in my database. Access to information is limited to Alex Rumford for administrative and business purposes. Information may be shared where necessary with:
- Current and past clients
- Prospective clients, with regards my servcies
- Assistants and sub-contractors, where necessary for undertaking of photographic commissions
- Third parties for the purposes of debt collection, insurance and legal claims, or where I am required by law to do so.
What correspondence you might expect
I may periodically send promotional & reminder emails about my services, or containing other information I deem relevant.
Website and online service providers
Additionally, I use Squarespace, Google Cloud and Dropbox to store information: all have their own GDPR policies and appropriate safeguards.
Images and personal identification
Unless agreed otherwise, images of individuals may appear on my portfolio and in my blog, and may contain metadata or other descriptive text with personal details including, for example, one's name, job title and organisation. This is for the sole purpose of promoting my services. I cannot prevent image theft from my website, and so hold no responsibility for third parties who might download and misuse my images.
I may alter the policy from time to time with immediate effect as GDPR understanding and implementation develops.
0778 222 5244